New Moon In Taurus
April was a bit of a crazy month in terms of moon phases. We had the New Moon In Aries, followed by the Full Moon In Scorpio. the Scorpio Full Moon was all types of crazy and if you’re on my email list, you’ll know that it brought things to light in my life that was a bitter pill to swallow.
We’re into May now and the craziness of this year’s scattered moon phases is well behind us, thankfully! We’re now completely back to the scheduled single New Moon and Full Moon in one month - 15th May and 29th May.
May 17th's new moon is going to be in the sign Taurus, which is pretty special as the Sun is also occupying Taurus at the same time - it’s literally Taurus season! This marks a pretty magical time! This is one you’re going to want to take advantage of!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for recommended products. If you decide to make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
What Does A New Moon In Taurus Mean?
Next week's new moon (Tuesday, May 15t 2018) falls under the earth sign of Taurus, and with it being Taurus season as well, the energy of this astrological sign will be amplified. Taurus is a headstrong sign and is all about practicality, ambition and a hard working attitude. Concentrate on these aspects during this new moon.
Taurus is often considered to be a well grounded sign and that will be our theme during this new moon.
We must really tune into ourselves at this time, especially when it comes to setting our intentions and goals. Now is the time to start thinking about our connection to the earth and Universe and keeping a calm head even when things don’t go our way.
As an earth sign, Taurus is not only about staying grounded. It's also about expressing yourself clearly. This new moon asks you to be vocal about your thoughts and feelings at this time.
This new moon is a moon of hope, grounding and being generous to others. This is the resting period before the energy of the full moon kicks up again so be sure to get some much needed rest. Now is also a time for setting money intentions and building up your sense of self-worth. A strong self-esteem will build faith in your abilities, opening you up to a world of financial gain. Remember that the Universe is full of abundance and you deserve everything that you need.
Questions To Think About During This New Moon?
- Are there any areas in your life that are lacking in security? What can you do to change that?
- Do you believe that you are worthy of abundance? If no, why not?
- How can you stay grounded?
- Do you believe in yourself and your abilities?
Cleanse Yourself With A New Moon Ritual Bath
A new moon ritual bath is the perfect way to prepare yourself for any new moon ritual, whether you're setting intentions or going all out. A ritual bath will help you to relax and clear your mind, opening you up to your manifestations. Not only that, it will also let allow you to cleanse yourself of what is no longer useful to you - what you don't want to take into the new lunar cycle.
What you need:
- Bath salts - Himalayan or Epsom are best
- Rose Quartz crystal
- Essential oil - Lavender is my favourite
1. Run the bath water to your ideal temperature and add bath salts - I would recommend 2 cups
2. Add a few drops of your chosen essential oil and place a Rose Quartz crystal into the water
3. Dim the lights, place candles around the tub and light them
4. Get into the tub and relax. My favourite thing to do during a ritual bath is to meditate and then focus my mind on my intentions for the new moon cycle.
5. When it's time to drain the water, imagine all the things you wish to release before the new cycle washing away with the water.
Setting Your Intentions
1. Clear you mind and really think about your intentions for the new moon cycle. Where do you want to be in a month's time? What would you like to achieve before the next new moon phase? What are your hopes, dreams and ambitions?
2. Burn sage to banish any negative energy - only positive energy allowed! - light some candles and set up your sacred new moon space.
3. Write down your intentions, goals and desires on a piece of paper - or journal.
4. Read through your list and then repeat it out loud.
5. Give thanks to the Moon and the Universe.
6. Keep the piece of paper and read through it during the lunar cycle.
Tarot Spreads & Questions For The New Moon
When performing tarot readings during the new moon, the questions you ask are vital. The new moon in Taurus is all about you so any readings that you perform should be based on yourself and your intentions. Now is the time to concentrate on your own needs and desires and to learn what must be learned in order to move forward with your life. Below are a few examples of question that should be asked during this time. Check out my New Moon Tarot Spreads post.
Your Intentions / What's Holding You Back / How To Break Free / How To Manifest Your Intentions
Where You Are Right Now / Where You Want To Be / What's Blocking You / What's Hidden To You / How To Strengthen Your Energy / Actions To Take
My favourite resource when it comes to the moon phases is The Moon Journal by Sandy Sitron. This book has been - and still is - an amazing guide during my journey through the lunar cycle. It has given me so much insight into the moon phases and the astrological signs that enter them and has also taught me about the importance of self reflection during those super-charged times. This book literally goes everywhere with me!
The Moon Journal is all about tuning into the moon phases on a higher level and allowing your intuition to take over. With everything from the moon phases, astrological signs, rituals and routines, this journal is the perfect foundation for manifesting your dreams and desires. I thought I knew everything that needed to be known about the moon phases until I purchased this journal. There are some amazing advice and practices to be found inside! Take a look here - I promise you won’t regret it!
I hope this post helped you in some way! What are your favourite new moon practices? Please let me know in the comments below!
Sign up to our newsletter below for the inside scoop, special offers and the first look at new products and services!