New Moon In Pisces (March 2018)
February was a pretty chill month in terms of moon phases - no full moon in sight - which was a much needed rest after January’s double full moon extravaganza. We’re into March now and what an intense March it is going to be, again with two energy-packed full moons - the second Blue Moon this year. WTF is going on?! The first full moon to grace us this month was on the 2nd of March and the next full moon will be towards the end of the month - 31st March. So March 17th's new moon is going to be somewhat of a recovery period ready for the craziness to pick up once again ready for the full moon blue moon in Libra on March 31st.
March 17th's new moon is going to be in the sign Pisces and, as always, this is one you're going to want to take advantage of. It's the start of a fresh new lunar cycle and it takes place a few days before Ostara - the Spring Equinox. Ostara is a time of growth and reaching our full potential - very similar to the waxing phase of the moon. This new moon is all about picking up the pace and allowing ourselves to grow and evolve ready for the Spring season.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for recommended products. If you decide to make a purchase, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
What Does A New Moon In Pisces Mean?
Next week's new moon (Saturday, March 17th 2018) falls under the water sign of Pisces, and with it being Pisces season as well, the energy of this astrological sign will be amplified. Pisces is a compassionate sign and is all about intuition, spiritual development and expressing your creative abilities. Concentrate on these aspects during this new moon.
Pisces is often considered to be an intuitive sign and that will be our theme during this new moon. We must really tune into our intuition at this time, especially when it comes to setting our intentions and goals. Now is the time to start thinking about our connection, not only with ourselves, but also with the Universe.
As a water sign, Pisces is not only about tuning into your intuition. It's also about tuning into your emotions and the emotions of others, and this new moon asks you to do exactly that. Be aware of your emotions at this time and others.
This new moon is a moon of hope, clarity and expanding our intuition. This is the resting period before the energy kicks back up again so be sure to get some much needed rest. Now is also a time for reflection - meditate, do some shadow-work, write in your journal - go inward and reflect your deepest desires. The Pisces moon will give out so much positive energy - love, abundance and innovation- so lap it up and use it to your advantage.
Questions To Think About During This New Moon?
- How can you deepen your spiritual connection?
- How much do you trust your intuition?
- How connected are you to others?
- What goals can you set in relation to your spiritual development?
Cleanse Yourself With A New Moon Ritual Bath
A new moon ritual bath is the perfect way to prepare yourself for any new moon ritual, whether you're setting intentions or going all out. A ritual bath will help you to relax and clear your mind, opening you up to your manifestations. Not only that, it will also let allow you to cleanse yourself of what is no longer useful to you - what you don't want to take into the new lunar cycle.
What you need:
- Bath salts - Himalayan or Epsom are best
- Rose Quartz crystal
- Essential oil - Lavender is my favourite
1. Run the bath water to your ideal temperature and add bath salts - I would recommend 2 cups
2. Add a few drops of your chosen essential oil and place a Rose Quartz crystal into the water
3. Dim the lights, place candles around the tub and light them
4. Get into the tub and relax. My favourite thing to do during a ritual bath is to meditate and then focus my mind on my intentions for the new moon cycle.
5. When it's time to drain the water, imagine all the things you wish to release before the new cycle washing away with the water.
Setting Your Intentions
1. Clear you mind and really think about your intentions for the new moon cycle. Where do you want to be in a month's time? What would you like to achieve before the next new moon phase? What are your hopes, dreams and ambitions?
2. Burn sage to banish any negative energy - only positive energy allowed! - light some candles and set up your sacred new moon space.
3. Write down your intentions, goals and desires on a piece of paper - or journal.
4. Read through your list and then repeat it out loud.
5. Give thanks to the Moon and the Universe.
6. Keep the piece of paper and read through it during the lunar cycle.
Tarot Spreads & Questions For The New Moon
When performing tarot readings during the new moon, the questions you ask are vital. The new moon in Pisces is all about you so any readings that you perform should be based on yourself and your intentions. Now is the time to concentrate on your own needs and desires and to learn what must be learned in order to move forward with your life. Below are a few examples of question that should be asked during this time.
Your Intentions / What's Holding You Back / How To Break Free / How To Manifest Your Intentions
Where You Are Right Now / Where You Want To Be / What's Blocking You / What's Hidden To You / How To Strengthen Your Energy / Actions To Take
My favourite resource when it comes to the moon phases is The Moon Journal by Sandy Sitron. This book has been - and still is - an amazing guide during my journey through the lunar cycle. It has given me so much insight into the moon phases and the astrological signs that enter them and has also taught me about the importance of self reflection during those super-charged times. This book literally goes everywhere with me!
The Moon Journal is all about tuning into the moon phases on a higher level and allowing your intuition to take over. With everything from the moon phases, astrological signs, rituals and routines, this journal is the perfect foundation for manifesting your dreams and desires. I thought I knew everything that needed to be known about the moon phases until I purchased this journal. There are some amazing advice and practices to be found inside! Take a look here - I promise you won’t regret it!
I hope this post helped you in some way! What are your favourite new moon practices? Please let me know in the comments below!
Sign up to our newsletter below for the inside scoop, special offers and the first look at new products and services!